If you’re looking for gift ideas for the men in your life that give back, you’re in luck. Here are ten presents for any occasion that will leave your conscious clear.
1. Bowties from Live Worldly make a great gift for the snappy dresser. They also carry traditional ties for those not ready to sport the trendy bow. The best part is that Starfish Foundation will receive a portion of the purchase price to help empower Guatemalan women through education.
2. A Celebration Pack Gift Box filled with OneHope California Sparkling Brut and two champagne flutes is a fun gift that also provides ten healthful meals for a child in need. You can’t beat that.
3. The Little Green Bag from Lush Fresh Handmade Cosmetics is a cool idea for the traveling man. This vegan gift bag contains solid forms of soap, shampoo, sugar scrub, and massage bar, which makes for mess free travel. All ingredients are ethically bought, and the company gives 100% of its Charity Pot proceeds to charity. The company is active in its ethical campaigning to support animal, humanitarian, and environmental causes.
4. Coffee or Tea from The Laughing Man (founded by Hugh Jackman) will give your thirsty friends just what they’re looking for while also providing business opportunities in underdeveloped areas around the world.
5. Project Repat provides the genius Quilt in a Box idea. It’s the perfect gift for the man who can’t let go of his old T-shirts. A pre-paid shipping envelope provides an easy method for shirts to be sent to Opportunity Threads in Morganton, NC. The shirts will then be turned into a quilt by workers who are given fair wages and opportunities to own a stake in the company. Win-win.
6. LSTN’s Amplifier Necklace is a cool way to sport your love for music knowing that proceeds from the purchase helped to restore hearing for a person in need through Starkey Hearing Foundation.
7. A Wooden 6-Pack Beer Tote from Uncommon Goods is just what your man needs to make carting around his mix-matched favorites possible. Uncommon Goods is a company with sustainability at the core of its business practices. Environmentally-friendly and socially responsible choices make this a business worth supporting.
8. A Laptop Sleeve handcrafted in northern Uganda from Invisible Children will keep his computer safe and his heart full. Proceeds from the Mend line go to support women who have been affected by the Lord’s Resistance Army (LRA) conflict in Central Africa.
9. How about a Sweet Home Medley from Dancing Deer Baking Company for the foodie in your life? Filled with dark chocolate sweet home cookie, a chocolate espresso cake, chocolate chunk brownies, caramel sea salt squares, molasses clove cookies, and vanilla bean shortbreads, this gift of goodies is sure to please. One Family Inc. receives 35% of each sale to help homeless mothers and children get back on their feet.
10. For the rugged man, how about a Malpai Shirt from Orvis? With rustproof snaps and pocket space for a compact camera, this shirt is sure to please the outdoorsy types. Orvis donates part of each sale to the Malpai Borderlands Group who works to protect and manage land as well as in habitat restoration and community outreach.
More About Conscious Consumerism From Lori:
Everlane and Rodale’s: Two Companies for Conscious Consumers to Consider
How to Live Simply: Get Started Now
The Over-Consumption of America: Do We Really Need More Stuff?