I moved to Morrow in 2005, relocating from city of Atlanta proper, and have never looked back. I love the city primarily because the living experience is akin to living in a small town but with access to ‘big city’ facilities. Here I’d like to share 10 fun facts about Morrow, Georgia.
- Morrow is home to Clayton State University. Clayton State has an enrollment of approximately 7000 students and offers a variety of degree programs at both the undergraduate and graduate level.
- Morrow is located in Clayton County. Clayton is a suburban county in Georgia. Its county seat is Morrow’s sister city, Jonesboro.
- Morrow’s primary shopping hub is Southlake Mall. Southlake is located approximately 11 miles from Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport.
- Morrow has an interconnected pathway of nature trails. Walkers, runners, and bikers find much enjoyment in Morrow Pathway Trails and Reynolds Nature Preserve.
- Morrow is the home of both national and state archives. Both the State of Georgia Archives and the National Archives at Atlanta are found here.
- Morrow is the location of a School of Excellence. Morrow Elementary School has been awarded the distinguished School of Excellence award for 10 consecutive years.
- Morrow is the home of University Station. This is one fact that I didn’t know but stumbled across in my research. University Station is a premier live-work-play community that is currently under construction (hmmm, I’m going to have to check this one out in person).
- Morrow is the home of the stunningly beautiful Morrow Center. This is an event, meeting, and social space that is perfect for all types of venues, including weddings! My husband and I participated in a conference held there about a year or so ago. The facility was beautiful, and the customer service from the staff was exceptional.
- Morrow is the home of Spivey Hall (located at Clayton State University). Referred to as “the small Carnegie Hall of the South,” this is yet another beautiful facility. Spivey Hall has an international reputation and is Morrow’s primary central hub for the arts. It has exceptional acoustics and a breathtaking design. Musical performances are held here year round. Don’t forget to take a peek at its magnificent concert organ. I think that you’re going to be blown away!
- Despite it being a small town, Morrow is the home of many thriving large business chains and small businesses. Business is booming here in Morrow.
I love living in Morrow and continue to watch with wonder as it evolves into a community that fulfills the needs of almost everyone who resides here yet retains its small-town flavor.
Y’all come through and visit with us! We’d love to have you.
City of Morrow
Clayton State University
Clayton County, Georgia