Country pop star Taylor Swift is known for more than her long, curly locks… Over the years she has gained the reputation as the girl who writes songs about all of her ex-boyfriends. You’ve heard all of the catchy songs on the radio and you’ve probably hummed them to yourself on your way to work but do you know who they were written about?
1. Adam Young: Adam Young is the lead singer of the band Owl City. Young had stated that he had interest in Taylor Swift and although the two never dated, Swift wrote her song “Enchanted” about the Owl City front-man.
2. Lucas Till: Lucas Till was a Disney Channel star and also the star of her music video You Belong With Me. Till stole her heart but claimed it wasn’t going to work out because she was too much of a friend, ouch.
3. Kanye West: After Kanye interrupted Swift’s award-winning moment at the VMA’s in a very public display of disappointment of her win, Taylor Swift wrote her song “Innocent” for Kanye. This song is basically her way of accepting his apology with lyrics such as “Who you are is not what you did, you’re still an innocent.”
4. Taylor Lautner: Taylor Lautner and Taylor Swift (Taylor squared) got together on the set of the movie Valentines Day. Their relationship went strong for a while but Swift claimed she wasn’t into him, as much as he was into her. She then wrote “Back to December” about Lautner which was an apology. The end of the song is her asking for forgiveness but the couple has yet to be reunited.
5. Joe Jonas: Teen heartthrob Joe Jonas and Taylor Swift were the ideal couple until he broke up with her over an alleged 27 second phone call. Due to the heartbreak caused by this breakup, Swift wrote “Forever and Always” and “Last Kiss” about Joe Jonas.
6. Camilla Belle: In the words of Taylor Swift, Camilla Belle is “.. Not a saint and she’s not what you think she’s an actress.” These harsh words come from her song “Better Than Revenge” which was aimed towards Belle after she stole Joe Jonas from her.
7. Harry Styles: This One Direction pop star had no idea the trouble he was getting into by dating Swift. After a very public relationship and an even more public breakup, Swift dedicated “I knew You Were Trouble” about Harry and has since dissed him on several award shows.
8. Jake Gyllenhaal: Jake Gyllenhall spent over $100,000 to have Swift flown on a private jet to their date but then reportedly broke up with her over text. Swifts songs Songs “All Too Well”, “State of Grace” and “The Last Time” are all about this Love and Other Drugs star.
9. John Mayer: John Mayer and Taylor Swift had quite the fling that apparently didn’t even too well according to her song “Dear John.” This song basically suggests that Mayer took advantage of Swift due to her age and proceeded to break her heart.
10. Zac Efron: It was reported that Efron and Swift began dating while promoting their movie The Lorax. The couple may deny the rumors but Taylor Swift’s song “Red” says otherwise.
Taylor Swift is open about the fact that she writes songs about her ex-boyfriends. In fact, she recently told Selena Gomez that she should write a song about her breakup with Justin Bieber! What is your favorite Taylor Swift Song?